15 Nov House Cleaning Tips for Lice
Follow Our Easy instructions to clean your house of lice
While house cleaning for lice is important, keep your priorities straight. Lice is spread from head to head. Focus on the people and heads affected first. Be patient with the comb out before you even tackle house cleaning. Your house is not the source of the infestation and you only need to clean after the first treatment.
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Clean out hair from combs, brushes and hair accessories. Place into the hot water and let soak for 1 minute.
2. Put cloth items that will fit into the dryer on high heat for 30 minutes.This includes bed linens, stuffed animals, coats/jackets, hats, scarves and throw pillows or blankets.
3. Other cloth surfaces that may have been in direct head contact, with someone with lice in the past 3 days, should be vacuumed, lint rolled or covered with a sheet for a few days.These include: cloth furniture, carpets where heads have been, large pillows and bean bag chairs.
4. Car seats and headrests should be vacuumed, lint rolled or covered with a pillowcase for 3 days.
5. Hats, helmets, wigs and costumes that have been worn within 3 days should be placed in a freezer overnight and then wiped clean with a damp cloth or lint-roller.
6. There is no need to stuff everything you own into trash bags. If you can’t put it in the dryer or vacuum it — don’t use it for 3 days.
GET KAPOW! LICE TREATMENT PRODUCTS
and Get Rid of Lice the First Time!
Our KaPOW! Lice Battle Kit has everything you’ll need defeat lice — and ward them off in the future. The KaPOW! Battle Kit handles 4 to 8 treatments and includes: KaPOW! Lice Attack Solution, a KaPOW! Nit Remover Comb, KaPOW! Lice Defense Spray and includes step-by-step instructions on how to perform a head check, complete the lice treatment, and prevent lice in the future. You save when you buy the bundle and we guarantee it’s 100% safe, non-toxic, and effective.